Skip to main content

All Available Item Data

Title

High Rock First Pavilion

Subject

Mineral waters
Springs
Pavilions

Description

These images depict the first permanent structure built over the High Rock Spring by the Clarke and White Spring Water Co. The pavilion was built in 1848. The road in front of the pavilion is rutted. Behind the structure is the escarpment leading up to Front St. The Old Bryan Inn can be seen on the hill above the building. Several people, mostly women, are gathered in front of the building.

Creator

Unknown Artist

Source

Robert Joki Stereoscopic Collection

Publisher

Saratoga Springs Public Library

Date

c.1848-1865

Rights

Item is in the Public Domain.

Relation

Robert Joki Papers

Format

jpeg

Language

English

Type

Photograph

Identifier

RJ0458

All Available Item Data

Original Format

Photograph

Physical Dimensions

6.75 X 3.25 in (17.2 X 8.3 cm)

NY Heritage Topic

Architecture

Physical Format

Stereographs

Citation

Unknown Artist, “High Rock First Pavilion,” Saratoga Room Digital Exhibits, accessed June 14, 2021, https://digitalarchive.sspl.org/items/show/170.

Output Formats

File

RJSC_00458F.jpg
RJSC_00458F.jpg

Interactive Version